Identification of a suitable and competent promotion partner to promote a large sustainable urban extension to the west of Coventry, negotiation of a Promotion Agreement and the subsequent sale of consented land parcels.
The site is located approximately 3.1 miles (5km) to the west of Coventry city centre and 7.9 miles (12.6km) east of Solihull.
Pickford Gate is well located within the local infrastructure network and will benefit from direct access to the A45 bypass that connects the site with Coventry, Birmingham and beyond. The M42, M6, M45 and M40 are all within 10 miles (16km) of the site.
Hallam Land Management promoted the site and Outline Planning Permission (OUT/2018/3225) was granted on 3rd June 2021 for:
- Up to 2,400 new homes, including 25% affordable housing and specific provision for the elderly through ‘extra-care’ provision (use C2 and/or C3);
- The provision of a new grade separated junction with the A45 along with access from Pickford Green Lane;
- A new employment/business area of approx. 15ha for a mix of research and development (B1b), light industrial (B1c)/industrial (B2) and distribution (B8) uses within the site;
- A mixed-use Local Centre (.05ha);
- A mixed-use District Centre (3ha) – providing bulky retail and a foodstore;
- A new three form entry primary school (2.7ha) on-site;
- Strategic Green Infrastructure (57.8ha total) which includes publicly accessible green corridors along Pickford Brook, new drainage features, green open spaces, play area, allotments and sports facilities.
Hallam Land Management were also granted full planning permission (FUL/2019/2671) for the construction of a grade separated junction on the A45, with associated access roads, landscaping, drainage and engineering works.
For further information, or to register your interest in future parcels, please contact:
Richard Foxon - Managing Director
Piers Beeton - Director